The original Miss Jones

Tuesday 7 October 2008

Tommy Scott & the Senators


I was just checking my emails before going to bed and I found that my friend Miss L had sent me a recording of a radio programme through iplayer. It was an interview with Tom Jones.

When I was a girl I used to go down the valley on the bus to the next town and bop the night away in the Working Men's Institute (the 'Stute). The main attraction was Tommy Scott and the Senators, the guy that we all now know as Tom Jones.

I was delighted with this interesting interview as he mentioned his wife Linda, which he rarely does, and was quite candid about their relationship. I remember, she was always at the venue when he was playing, a blond beehive hair 'do' and a slip of a thing then....like us all I suppose. For all his years living in the USA he still has his Welsh accent, he has a stronger accent than I have, and I have never lived outside the UK! Good on you Tom!

No comments: