The original Miss Jones

Wednesday 15 October 2008

A moan about my Landlord!

At Easter my cold water tap in the bathroom seized up. I duly reported it to my Landlord, a nice young man of about 28 years old, and he mumbled something at me about not being a plumber. Since then several people have had a look at this tap and offered various opinions. Last week when I was feeling pretty peeved at an unrelated matter, my Landlord rang about something else and he got the full storey again, chapter and verse, about the damn tap!

He rang yesterday and said he would be around to assess the matter at 5.pm this evening. Sure enough he came on the dot! He then proceeded to shrug into some overalls and started to do the job himself there and then. Boy was I glad the taps were being done! No more cleaning my teeth in the bath tub with my back seizing up if I was down there too long!

It is now 6.45 and he is still up there. Anyone who has ever tried to diet seriously will know that if you get too hungry you will end up eating more than you planned. As I write I have no water, no heating, a lounge full of junk from under the stairs where he needs to go to get access to the stop cock and I am starving! What price my diet tonight I wonder? B-----y men!

No comments: