The original Miss Jones

Sunday 19 October 2008

Stress & The Black Mountains.


This photograph was taken in the chapel of St. David at Llantony Abbey and added to the Blog after the text, and after my Pictures were restored to my computer.

This afternoon my friend Ms A and I went for a drive through the Black Mountains. I needed to get away from my immediate problem, the computer, and Ms. A just needed a different environment. I can empathise with that.

As we drove through the magnificent countryside we talked; although she is recently widowed and I am divorced, there are a lot of similarities in the aftermath. The same rejection (one case because he left and the other because he died and left anyway) the same hurt, the wishing that you could enjoy self esteem and be confident calm and relaxed again. Still believing in the Power of Positive Thinking and wanting to gain control of your emotional life and move beyond your disabling emotions, but underestimating the power of the sub conscious mind.

The small Chapel of St. David at Llantony caused me to reflect on the peace on this earth, it's not all tumult. When we moved on we got a cup of coffee in the small bar that used to be the cellars for the Abbey and my spirits began to lift. We then travelled through the wonderful Black Mountains to Hay-on-Wye where we had a very late lunch of Mediterranean fish stew. WOW! If I could eat like that all the time I wouldn't need Weight Watchers! It was fantastic.

When we got back to the City we both felt better for our afternoon out. Ms A. went home and me ....back to the computer for the stress to build up again!

No comments: