The original Miss Jones

Friday 3 October 2008

A change of Slimming club?


I am considering changing my slimming club. After two weeks I am finding this watching points a bit stressful. The problem arises when you are hungry and under pressure to convert calories to points. When a person is stressed we release a hormone called cortisol, which encourages our bodies to store food around the middle. This I do not need.

I have looked at Slimming World online and they produce a good old fashioned diet sheet, advising what to eat for breakfast, lunch and supper. This I can cope with.

I need to continue with the weight loss programme as I am not as active as I might be due to an arthritic knee, but if I am to continue and not give in to comfort food then I have to follow something I can understand totally. Planning a week's menu ahead and organising my shopping list would really help, not wandering around Tesco's wondering how certain foods converts to points. Hmmmm........I will sleep on it.

No comments: