The original Miss Jones

Monday 13 October 2008

Computer Tuition


This is a picture from my visit to Tredegar House yesterday. It was such a super day weather wise that all the pictures I took came out very well.


The weather today is as lousy as it was great yesterday, so I stayed in and had a computer lesson. Miss L came down and we got through quite a lot. I am a bit intimidated and confused by computers and find the traditional manuals are overloaded with technical details. I am not exactly dumb on these issues, but find PC hardware, software and indeed all the vocabulary associated with computers make me feel helpless ... and I am not the most patient person in the world, which doesn't help!


I learned many things today, but tonight before I go to bed I have to set the computer to De-fragment. It reorganises pieces of files that are on your hard drive so the drive can access them more easily....I think! Anyway it will all happen when I am sleeping as it takes a good few hours. Only one issue we cannot resolve, and that is on this programme actually. We have to email Japan to find out how to correct an issue on Blogger. Friends who have friends with oodles of knowledge is essential!


Off to Weight Watches now.....I am always full of self doubt at this point!

No comments: