The original Miss Jones

Wednesday 8 October 2008

Introducing exercise!

My neighbour P. across the road called and ask if I would like to go for a walk this afternoon. I readily agreed as the swimming alone is not enough to burn up the amount of calories I need to.


The day is lovely, some cumulus clouds and lots of sunshine. We walked briskly for two miles, about as far as my arthritic knee would allow, but it was easier than the last time we did that walk....although that was Christmas eve!


These forms of exercise, although not terribly strenuous, keeps me busy and makes me feel good. It gives me a great sense of achievement and I feel like I have more energy the following day. It also helps me if I have a bad day. As long as my knee holds up, I am all for walking. Long may it reign!

No comments: