The original Miss Jones

Friday 24 October 2008

Friends of ..........


I have written this week about 'Friends of Tredegar House' and 'Friends of the Transporter Bridge'. In my local nightly paper there is an advertisement this evening asking if any members of the public would like to become a 'Friend' of any of the municipal parks in the City?

Membership benefits include having your say as to how the parks are developed. Their aims and objectives are to encourage interest in the ornamental parks of the city and promote a wide range of educational and cultural activities.

I was a 'Friend' to my local Church & Churchyard where I worshiped some years ago. However, that was more geared to raising money, encouraging non practicing Christians to help look after the fabric of the Church (which everyone wants in tip top condition for when they do need it for weddings, baptisms and funerals etc.) even if they didn't attend regularly. I enjoyed that and saw it as a challenge and part of my Christian service to God, but parks.....I'm not sure!

For all you masses out there that are reading this Blog (Huh...I wish!) the contact address is: fnopmembership@googlemail.com

I have found the nightly paper quite informative this week. I had better review my thoughts on this once grand paper....... perhaps it is not such a 'rag' as I thought it had become!

No comments: