The original Miss Jones

Thursday 9 October 2008

A Fabulous Lunchtime.


I went out to lunch with a friend. We met at a newly opened pub in the city and CM thought it was charmless with no atmosphere. He suggested we could do better and suggested Cardiff Bay!!! I have written about this before and considered it to be far more charmless that where we were; However, I agreed to just go to have a ride in his new car! He has just bought a brand new Jaguar XK8 with a soft top. WOW!


We went right over the other side of the Bay to where I was on my last visit and went to a five star hotel for a light lunch. It had to be light because of my Weight Watchers commitment! I am not going to say I have changed my mind about Cardiff Bay because I haven't, but I certainly saw the other side of the Bay (literally).


To walk off our lunch we walked to the Norwegian Church (Pictured above). It is the former Norwegian Sailors Church and is one of the landmark buildings in Cardiff Bay. Since 1992 it has been a cultural venue and has a wide and range of art exhibitions, today's was modern art, also concerts are held there so I am told. It has a small coffee shop, which we were too full from lunch to avail ourselves of, where you can sit outside and look at the only natural waterfront of the Bay.


The day was a surprise and, as unplanned things always are, turned out to be super. It was only later on the drive back home I realised that the hotel where we had eaten was the St. David's Hotel where Madonna has recently stayed (on three floors) when she kicked off her UK tour. It's a long time since I have had this kind of classy experience, not since my marriage went pear shaped, best I don't get too used to it!

No comments: