The original Miss Jones

Tuesday 7 October 2008

41 years..............



Today my eldest son, pictured above, is 41 years old. That means it is 42 years since I first came to this City as a young wife just out of my teens. I can hardly believe where the years have gone.

It wasn't all romantic and exciting, although there was a certain amount of that there obviously, some of it was hard for a girl of just 20 years old. I was homesick, my Welsh valley home being a huge 25 miles away....and in those days it might as well have been Timbucktoo, the young wives in Newport laughed at my Welsh valley accent, I missed working, new mums didn't go out to work then, husband number 1 was working all hours so that we could pay the mortgage and I was lonely.

I asked myself this morning would I do it all again and the answer is yes, otherwise I wouldn't have my two boys, but maybe I would do a bit more growing up before making that kind of commitment if I had my chance again.

Happy Birthday NJ...you still mean the same to me now as you did then.

No comments: