The original Miss Jones

Monday 25 May 2009

Sunday, sand, sea and sunburn!


The rock pool at Porthcawl.


I know that going to the beach is a typical Bank Holiday 'thing' to do, but my friend Ms. A and I gave it a go yesterday. We actually had a super time. We started out with our packed lunches for Ogmore-by-Sea, complete with our AA directions, courtesy of the computer, as I don't own a sat. nav. It took us straight to the beach - in Porthcawl! We had a good laugh, and my friend paid me the huge compliment of saying I was a better navigator that the AA, as I was saying all the way down the M4 - 'this is wrong, we don't go to Ogmore this way' - but I wasn't confident enough to follow my nose! Well it is 15 years or more since I have been there!

Rock flowers.
We went for a walk after lunch along the rocks and saw these beautiful little clumps of mauve flowers growing from the gaps in the rock formation. We were amazed.


We decided to go and find Ogmore-by sea- in the afternoon and follow my nose! We found a super place for an afternoon drink and spent some time photographing the artefacts in the village pub which was very unusual. The cars parks were too crowded for us to get near the beach, but we enjoyed the sunshine along the coastal path of Southerndown. We didn't hit a traffic jam all day, so considered ourselves lucky!


When I was about to jump in the shower last night I was giggling to myself like a fool, I was bright red, and I mean really bright, and the bit that had caught the sun the most was the end of my nose! I didn't think my nose was that big?

No comments: