The original Miss Jones

Saturday 30 May 2009

Sunshine and sorting ....




Fulled with enthusiasm by this lovely weather, I decided there were things that needed tackling in the garden shed. I needed the sun lounger first and foremost as I had purchased a new covering for the frame, and while I was about it, get out the water butts.

The thing is I know there have been mice in the shed through the winter months and I suffer from musophobia - a fear of mice. I was absolutely terrified that I would see one, but what do you do when you live on your own? Get on with it is the answer.


The forage into the shed was a success, not a mouse in sight, but I feel I must say this - musophobia is one of the most common forms of phobia. It is difficult to have a fear of mice and expect people to take you seriously. It is usually attributed to silliness or an over reaction, but it is a rational fear and extremely common. People are derided for this fear which only makes it worse. So if anyone reading this blog knows of anyone who doesn't like mice, don't be dismissive. If you have no understanding of the phobia, a kind word would go a long way!


I am pleased with myself today!

```````````````````````
One of the young girls that lives next door, came to tell me this morning that she was having an all-day party for her 21st and it may be noisy today. It was nice of her to tell me and 21 years only comes around once, but right now I am wondering what time it will finish - I have got a headache! How must they feel ??

No comments: