The original Miss Jones

Saturday 23 May 2009

Another 'Happy 5' Day!

I haven't had a 'Happy 5' day for ages so decided to make this one. It's funny, when things are going along smoothly, you take the really good things for granted. My 'Happy Five' for yesterday were:

1. Getting acknowledgement from The Academy of Children's Writers, saying that my January submission to their competition came within the first 300 of over 2000 entries. They only notified 15% of that 300 and I was one of them! Their comment was:

'You obviously have an understanding of young people that impressed our panel of judges. This is invaluable to a would-be children's writer.' Wow, was I pleased?


2. Purchasing a summer handbag I have been covetous of, one that I couldn't really afford. (I can't do much of that these days!)

3. Having a long chat with my sister.


4. Being out and about at 9am in the morning, on a warm sunny day and feeling good about myself.


5. Looking forward to the rest of the Bank Holiday weekend. I haven't felt much like that in recent years.


Life can be good. It's what you make it I guess.

No comments: