The original Miss Jones

Wednesday 6 May 2009

Fired ....with enthusiasm!


This is a picture of my next seat neighbour in pottery, drawing a Clarice Cliff design on my tea-pot. For the purpose of my class folder, these are my hands, which of course they are not! You see, I can't draw! My neighbour agreed to draw the design and I will paint it - a bit like a painting book - once you have the book and the paints, you just have to stay within the lines! That will be my task for next week.


I did my first 'casting' today also. Instead of moulding the clay by hand, you pour it into a pre-cast mould (similar to the one I made with my friend the other night) and leave it. I turn it out next week. These mouldings are more professional looking than the hand shaped stuff, so I am a bit more enthusiastic about pottery today. As much as I love the surroundings (and the people are lovely) my interest in hand moulding is waning, so I am hoping this new moulding method will FIRE my imagination once more.

I must ask the tutor about working on a wheel. Mmmmm ........... That will be a challenge!

No comments: