The original Miss Jones

Wednesday 27 May 2009

Slip Casting!

My next-seat-neighbour (NSN) in pottery and myself decided to have a 'Slip Casting' day at home today as there was no pottery class due to half term. I offered to host this and - well, we did it. There was plenty of mess, lots of expletives and much laughter. How successful we have been is yet to be determined, but we enjoyed it.


What wasn't enjoyable was the cleaning up afterwards - YUK! It sure was mucky! When my N-S-N suggested we do it again, I was luke warm.. In her house next time maybe?



There was a desperately sad part of the day. We have become friends with the young woman who sits on the other side of me in pottery. She couldn't join us today, although invited, as she was in London getting her six month check up after having surgery for breast cancer. Just 36 years old, and newly divorced as the marriage broke down due to the strain of the illness and it's previous reoccurrence. How sad is that? I pray that today was good news.



I was told on the weekend that someone I knew from my previous life had died age 47 years, leaving two teenage children. That was alcoholism .......


Let's hope that they both find peace, one here on earth and the other one with God.

No comments: