The original Miss Jones

Thursday 28 May 2009

Appropriate title - Drag me to Hell ....



This film was met with positive reviews at the Cannes Film Festival. I had read about it, heard about it, it even got a mention on Radio 4, hailed as being the re-invention of horror! Well, something has passed me by. I went to see it tonight - what a load of rubbish!


I am so glad I can go in these places as a mature student, because if I had paid the full price I would have felt cheated. I had read that the Writer/Director has crafted an extremely effective horror film, on a par with 'The Omen'. Not so.


It is about a Loan advisor working for a large bank and an elderly Slavic women who was seeking to extend her mortgage for the third time. The loan advisor refused to extend and the women haunted the girl as revenge .... Do I need to go on? This was definitely scant of plot!


Note for friend Bee. Next film ... my choice!

No comments: