The original Miss Jones

Thursday 7 May 2009

The Handkerchief Tree.



Davidia - Handkerchief Tree.

One of the focal points in the story I wrote for last terms writing assessment, was centered around a Handkerchief Tree. I have to do a small amount of further work on that presentation and therefore need my own photograph, if possible, of a handkerchief tree.


I knew that this time of year they were in flower, so arranged with a friend to go and photograph the one in her garden. I took about thirty+ digital images and I believe I have at least six that I can choose from that will assist me in my project.


They are very beautiful trees. The common name - Handkerchief Tree - is because of the floaty white flowers that fall like a handkerchief and blow in the breeze, which was happening to me today when I was trying to photograph them. They are also known as Ghost Trees and the Dove Tree.


It may have been part of a college project that I needed to do the exercise, but it was an absolute pleasure to do so.

No comments: