The original Miss Jones

Tuesday 5 May 2009

Making a mould ........

1. Measure out plaster and water

After supper the other night my friend, who's been staying with me, wanted to show me how to make a mould for my pottery classes. This was 8.50 at night and I was unsure how I felt about that. Knowing how talented she is and realising that I won't often get 'one to one' tuition so freely offered, I agreed. This was the process and result.


2. Pour over selected object already placed in another container.


3. Wait for it to harden - approx 3 - 4 minutes.



4. After leaving overnight in a dry warm place, remove from cast.





5. Completed mould.


Water that has been used to wash any implements must not be poured down the sink - it will block it up!

It was a relatively simple process but very messy. I don't advise doing it late at night! I crawled into bed like a slug at 1.15 am! ........ but I do own a very attractive mould and have been given some plaster to do some more myself! A result wouldn't you say?

No comments: