The original Miss Jones

Wednesday 20 May 2009

Designer me!

Salt or Sugar Shaker - Designed by me.

My salt cum sugar shaker is coming on a treat. It took me all of the lesson this morning to paint this. It is made in the Clarice Cliff mould, but her designs were too complicated for me to reproduce. As I have said before, I can't draw. However, as my next-seat-neighbour, the artist, was very late this morning (instead of just late), I had to get on with it, so pencil in hand I started to draw and this is what came out! I then had to paint it and stay within the lines again. For two whole weeks I have been painting designs, I haven't touched a piece of clay for ages!




Piece 2 of Agate ware


This has turned out a very successful little bowl, although the picture above does not do it justice. It's one I rescued after going wrong with the agate design when mixing the red clay with the white Dumbo ..... but I like it, and it's just the right size for holding the bits and bobs on my desk. I am quite good at flying solo in pottery, nothing finishes up as it starts out like everyone else - it's more fun though.
`````````````````
I went to the library to get some more 'kiddie wink' books. How do you review a book for 5-7 year old children? That is part of my half term project, I will have to put my thinking cap on!

No comments: