The original Miss Jones

Tuesday 12 May 2009

Loss and gain.

The Handkerchief tree, gently
blowing in the breeze.

What lovely weather we are having at the moment. Sunshine and breeze. It's cheering, somehow a sort of promise of things to come.


I needed cheering today. After a super day out and a lovely lunch with a new - ish friend, I discovered I had lost a white gold bracelet. I have looked everywhere and telephoned the lunch venue, but to no avail. The staff on the telephone were most accommodating and looked everywhere for me. It is nice to know that some young people still have manners on the telephone and realise that there is a socially acceptable way to behave when people ring in. It would have been worth the another Severn bridge toll to go and collect it had they found it, but it was not to be.


Another part of the past that is gone, maybe it was meant to be that I lost it.

No comments: