The original Miss Jones

Sunday 16 August 2009

Sirhowy Valley Walk



After lunch today my friend and I decided to go for a walk. We decided to explore the Sirhowy Valley Walkway. Rather than explore the obvious we took the flatter, straighter route to see where it would bring us out. It was a lovely route. We found ourselves about forty feet above the Sirhowy river which was flowing quite fast below us. It was so clean, like drinking water to look at. Beautiful!
We came across this seat (photo above) and when we saw it in a distance thought we would have a half way sit down. This was not to be, as the seat had no seat!!!

I used to walk a lot for recreation, but due to this wretched arthritis in my right knee I can't do so much now, but this weekend I have made a start. I must try and walk two or three times a week. It certainly is a pleasure living in these parts. My walking is more of a ramble, but you see more when out rambling.


Every twist and turn on our route we were discovering something different. It was a super afternoon, but then the whole weekend has been pretty good!




No comments: