The original Miss Jones

Friday 21 August 2009

The edge of my seat .....


I went to the cinema last night with friend Bee. We went to see a horror film - ORPHAN. This film is a recent release and it IS violent, but it kept me in suspense all through the film. Those of us watching it had no idea which direction the film would take. It was realistic in as much as the adoptive parents were credible, they could have been your neighbours or mine. You take a liking to them and that made it hard for the viewer when things were going badly wrong for them.



The orphan herself is called Esther and you can't help taking a liking to her initially. I would think this is one of the better thrillers you will see this year on the big screen. Even if you are not too keen on horror films I would recommend ORPHAN.



During the day I met my cousin W in Monmouth. We managed to dodge the showers, by finding coffee shops ( and subsequently loos!) when it rained, but most of the time it was dry. Where is this Bar-B-Q summer we were promised? It's getting a bit late now!

No comments: