The original Miss Jones

Monday 10 August 2009

Popular Poetry Corner



Soon I have to start reading poetry in preparation for my journey in Poetry & Prose next term at college. To mark this remarkable adventure for me, as I am not a huge fan of poetry, I am including in the Blog a 'Popular Poetry' corner. It is situated just above 'Pause for Thought' on the left had side of the Blog and will be changed regularly.


It will consist of a few opening lines of a popular poem with the name of the poet underneath. This may encourage some of you to look up the poems, if you are taken with the opening lines, and can then comment to me what you thought of the poems. Your comments will then be published on the blog. There will be no personal reply, as my knowledge of poetry is limited.


This exercise is to find encouragement from Blog followers and help me to understand something of what I am going to be taught in the coming academic year. So, don't be shy, let me know if there is anything that you want to say about the opening lines I have published or send me anything that you like and I will include it on this Blog. I hope to hear from some of you soon.

No comments: