The original Miss Jones

Tuesday 4 August 2009

Pottery and Pictures .......



Today I brought home my first project from pottery painting Summer school. This is my first attempt at painting a mold in this class - not bad eh? Maybe one day I will be able to form a hand made jug! (Huh ... in my dreams I think!)


'Proposal' with Sandra Bullock & Ryan Reynolds
As the rain poured down this afternoon, so it poured down on the hopes of friend Bee and I doing anything outdoors, which we had planned. So we went to the pictures instead. We saw 'Proposal' with Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds.



I hadn't heard of Reynolds before today, and he was good (as well as good looking) but I think Sandra Bullock is one of the most likable and skilled comediennes around in the film world. The chemistry and comic timing between these two talented people was hilarious. We laughed (really laughed ... not chortling) all the way through. Some of it was set in beautiful Alaska; the scenery took your breath away.


The story is about the 'romantic antics' of a couple that, by agreement, got into a sham engagement. I am not a huge fan of comedy, but this was really good from beginning to end. This film had everyone in the cinema laughing, and it's not necessarily a 'chick flick!'

No comments: