The original Miss Jones

Wednesday 26 August 2009

Off Line and 'Off' week!

Just about how I feel this week!

Why is it sometimes we have 'off' weeks? It's not that we are doing anything different, all the chores are the same old ... same old ... yet some weeks, they are a HUGE chore and everything goes wrong. Is it our minds are not on the job, or that we are not mentally or physically ready to tackle small problems. I really don't know but this has certainly been an 'off'' week with everything I have touched going wrong.


This computer went down for no obvious reason Monday night, giving me the message Disk boot failure, insert system disk & press enter. What does that mean to me? After almost an hour of searching I found the original start up disk and inserted it. Nothing. So I went for a swim, switching everything off before I went, in the vain hope that when I returned it would have righted itself. My luck's not like that!


So, this morning I had to take it to a local computer repairers. A second hard, drive that I had forgotten had been installed for me, was not allowing the recent update from Microsoft to register on the original hard drive. The second hard drive was removed when it was discovered that it had been wiped clean during installation (that's why I couldn't get my Publisher docs off it!). The machine was then cleaned as a courtesy and BINGO I am up and running again!


I am not going to bore you with the other things that have gone wrong, we all have weeks like this not just me, but it's so damn frustrating when we do, everything takes twice as long. Perhaps now that I have put it all down 'on paper' as it were, I have eased my frustrations and exorcised the jinx!

No comments: