The original Miss Jones

Thursday 13 August 2009

Print Exhibition


Chris Jacobs 'Lancaster Montage' print.
Met up with a friend from pottery this morning. We went to the Museum & Art Gallery in the city where there is an exhibition of famous prints on at the moment. I thought I wouldn't enjoy it as much as I did (I was just going for company for her) but it was excellent.

There was nothing there I could afford, but at least three I would like to own if I had the money. The ones I liked were all by the same artist and all limited editions. They started at £795! My friend was saying that both her sisters own prints by at least two of the artists on display - lucky them.

Newport City Centre hasn't got a lot going for it, but to be fair there are several extremely noteworthy art galleries to please lovers of exhibitions and all things art related. The surrounding Gwent countryside is magnificent, so why is the City centre such a mess all the time? It's exasperating!


No comments: