The original Miss Jones

Saturday 11 July 2009

Tyre Pressure


Tyres need air! Up until now in my single life, I have been fortunate enough to have someone to do this chore for me - sons, servicing team, warranty checks, but today my luck ran out. I had a warning on the dashboard panel telling me that it needed doing, so it was solely down to me!



I picked up a friend and asked if she could pull a 'helpless' face. She tried, it was okay, and so off we went to a garage. Well, at first all seemed to go well, and then she announced that air seemed to be coming out! That wasn't the idea, and what's more, by this time a queue had formed.



We put on our 'helpless' faces and sure enough the guy behind us got out of his car and offered to help. Firstly he pointed out we hadn't pressed the start button.
'But we did have air' said my friend
'Yes, but that was from the guy in front of you' said the kind stranger.
'When the sound stops you have to press the start button again' he pointed out.
'Oh' said we two.



He proceeded to put the air in the tyre for which we thanked him profusely. When we drove away we laughed like drains. Well, how were we supposed to know that air release was timed? For goodness sake - whatever next!

No comments: