The original Miss Jones

Sunday 26 July 2009

A wet Sunday.


Driving from Newport to Crickhowell to see my sister and family was a nightmare this morning. The rain was sheeting down and just as I approached Abergavenny I got stuck behind a cycling rally. There were hundreds of them! I don't know about the Tour de France, this must have been the Tour de Abergavenny! I was already late. (Due to an over enthusiastic newly ordained deacon giving the sermon in Church - all twenty six minutes of it) The roads were slippery with beating rain; the car windscreen wipers were feeling exhausted from their labours, so caution was advisable - but oh, it's so frustrating when you are late for something!


When I arrived at my sisters I needn't have worried. My brother-in-law was in the middle of a small and very dignified funeral service in the garden, with his grandchildren in attendance (My little greats). One of the fish, who resides in the garden pond, had died and had to be laid to rest in the proper manner.


After the ceremony was over we went to the local pub, where everyone tucked into a large Sunday roast - except my sister and me - we had a far more healthy option, poached salmon and salad. You see I have to go and weigh tomorrow night, so when I was thinking about a roast, a picture of the Weight Watchers scales popped into my mind and the scales won the day. Poached salmon it was. Let's hope all this virtuosity pays off at the 'Weigh In' tomorrow night!

No comments: