The original Miss Jones

Saturday 4 July 2009

Meet Ruby Beeswax .....


'Ruby Beeswax just couldn't keep still; she was jumping up
and down and clapping her hands. Today she was going to the seaside ...'



I collected the illustrations for my story today. They were brilliant! I felt quite emotional when I saw them. My cousin's husband had done such a good job, and for me to see someone I had created in my head actually on paper was wonderful. The little water colour paintings were just what I had in mind, but sadly the one above has not transposed onto the blog very well, but they really are excellent. Huge thanks to D. xx


This final assignment story for this academic year goes in on Monday, then I am free until the new term starts in September. We haven't been told yet what the first module for the next term will be. I hope they will tell us soon, then I can do some reading through the summer. I am still unsure how I feel about children's writing. It was difficult with lots of restrictions, thus stemming the flow of creativity. However, overall it was enjoyable.


Later, I had a nice birthday lunch with my cousin. At that point the weather was good, but it deteriorated a little later on and now as I write it's raining. Saves me watering the garden I suppose!


Also today I was given some hanging basket tomato plants to come home with, which have now been liberally watered and carefully position in my garden on top of redundant pots (as I don't have to hang them up) who knows I might be picking my own tomatos soon!

No comments: