The original Miss Jones

Monday 20 July 2009

A mucky morning ...



This is one of my tomato plants given to me by my cousin's husband some weeks ago. Both plants are thriving. They are hanging basket tomato plants really, but I have sat mine on upended empty tubs. There are half a dozen small green tomato's and lots of flowers on this one, but you can't really see them on this photo. I shall be eating my own tomato's soon - if we ever see the sun again to ripen them!

My bay trees were water logged. I planted them in pots with no water drainage holes in the bottom - mistake! (I got them from the £1 shop and thought they would be okay.) With all the rain we have had, the little bay trees were learning to swim! I put fresh soil in today, after punching small drainage holes in the bottom. It was a mucky job pouring out all that black mud from the pots onto the garden and then having to wash the yard down afterwards with bowls of water. I don't have an outside tap. I hate it when people say 'It's easy to install a tap outside, you have a water outlet to the rear.' Easy for who? The know it all's that are advising with no intention of offering to help? Not easy for me, I haven't got a clue where to start!

No comments: