The original Miss Jones

Friday 3 July 2009

This & That


This photograph on the left is where my friend and I went for a drink Wednesday night. It's very lovely there. She had been married about 500 hundred yards from this spot thirty+ years ago. I had no idea of this fact when I suggested we went to Caerleon for a drink Thursday night. We searched for the Registry Office and found someone who knew where it had been. It's gone now of course, but her memories live on.

It was my day at the Parish office today. One of my duties was to look for a baptism entry from somewhere between 1972 - 1975, I couldn't find it, so I decided to telephone the person and ask for more information. When I eventually got hold of her she was pleased to tell me she didn't think she had been baptised in our Church at all, but at another Church in a different part of town! If that person happens to be a random blog follower - cheers, thanks for wasting two hours of my time !!!


I hated those jobs when I was a Registrar and people would come into the Registry Office to look for Births, Marriage and Death certificates from the past. Hours of work, with so little information to go on! No wonder I couldn't settle into family history when I tried that. At least in the R.O I got paid for the searches, today's little time wasting exercise was all voluntary!




Well, Andy Murry is out of Wimbledon. Like the rest of the British public I am sorry about this, but the other guy, Andy Roddick, was a superb player and looked as fresh as a daisy at the end of the match! I guess the best man won.

No comments: