The original Miss Jones

Monday 21 September 2009

The Walled Garden


Pottery items waiting to be fired next week.

Another super Raku weekend at the lovely Walled garden craft barns in Wrington. We had a super day creating our pots and drying them off ready for the Raku firing next weekend. We are hoping that the weather is going to be fine so that the firing can take place outdoors, if it's wet I don't know what will happen, but there is bound to be a plan B! The weather was lovely which makes the trip a lot easier and you can appreciate the picturesque journey when the weather is good. On a wet day when the cloud is low you cannot appreciate the lovely Mendip hills and the setting we are in.



Raku firing, taken in March 2009 - This is what will happen to our pots next week - hopefully!



We made four pieces each, tackled things we have not done before and we all did something on the Wheel. I had a go at the Wheel in pottery class on Wednesday! This was my first time without supervision, and it was really good to feel the clay evolving. What a mess I got in! I was by far the worst of the three of us that tried pottery on the Wheel! I got home and had to consign everything I had been wearing to the washing machine!

No comments: