The original Miss Jones

Thursday 17 September 2009

Saying Goodbye



I went to Pottery Painting for the last time this morning. Now that the new term at college has commenced and pottery lessons have started again, I cannot do all three as sadly times does not permit. I have enjoyed my time with lovely talented people and have learned quite a bit about the art of painting pottery.



My Holy Family is now finished, there were twelve pieces in all. I photographed some of them for the blog (see above and below) but they were, in hindsight, quite difficult for a beginner. I have done them fairly well but would not advocate starting with something as small and intricate as this to begin. However they are done. The stable has also been built.




All that is left to do is to thatch the roof of the stable and then paint the rest; buy some straw to scatter about and it will be finished. Next year I may consider making some pottery items to go into the stable, but that is really thinking ahead. Let's get this years project finished first!
.....................0.......................
I went to my first aqua aerobics this afternoon. It was different, not exactly enjoyable, it was exhausting; certainly more difficult than I had previously thought. I am still considering whether or not to go on a regular basis to supplement my diet - I will sleep on it I think!

No comments: