The original Miss Jones

Saturday 12 September 2009

This 'n' That!


This week has seen me getting 'Ship Shape' for the winter. I bought some daffodil bulbs while I was in Pembrokeshire and that spurred me on to tackle the back garden in readiness for Autumn planting.



Tomato plants were stripped - I am amazed how many pounds of tomato's I had from two plants - geraniums were cut back to half their original height and re-potted for wintering, the three small beds were weeded yet again and eventually the daffodil bulbs were planted ready for the Spring. A friend from Brecon emailed to tell me I could carry over a couple of varieties of fibrous begonias, also some tender Lavender plants as well if I so wished, as well as some of my hardier herbs like Rosemary and Tarragon. So I am feeling rather virtuous!



Other than these domestic things it's been a quiet week. Next week is quite different. College starts on Tuesday and pottery on Wednesday, and then Thursdays will be taken up for a few weeks with pottery painting, as I have to finish off painting my Holy family! So, Merry-go- round, here I come again!

No comments: