The original Miss Jones

Wednesday 16 September 2009

Haiku

Poetry, maybe the oldest, certainly the most intense of literature's genres. Before returning to college next week I have to select a poem for discussion, write one of my own and maybe write a Haiku piece. No pressure there then! This is all very well, but I had never heard of Haiku until yesterday, much less write a piece.


It would seem that it is verse - a form of Japanese poetry- hmmm. Haiku in English usually appears in three lines and there is little understanding of it's principle. Here is an example from a book I picked up I the library today:

After killing a spider,
how lonely I feel,
in the cold of night.


Well, what do you think of that blog followers? Not exactly setting the world alight is it? I guess I can rustle up a Haiku for next week. Even I can do that! When crafted, I will post a Haiku written by me!

No comments: