The original Miss Jones

Monday 28 September 2009

Raku and Haiku






This is my best raku piece from yesterday. I tried all the copper glazes back in the Spring, so I wanted something different this time. I am quite pleased with this effort and I love working on the wheel; it is so much more professional than the hand moulded pieces. This pot has all the raku 'cracking' that it's famous for, something you don't see with the copper glazes. Having said that, I will probably use the copper glazes again next time, as it really is a startling finish!



I have enjoyed my experiments with raku pottery, I hope there will be more opportunities around next year. It's a pity we can't find any courses in Wales.


,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,



Today in college we discussed haiku's, and had to write a few. I now understand the principle, but it doesn't make them any easier to write. Apart from writing more traditional poetry this week, I have to produce 4 or 5 haikus for homework. They seem so easy when you read them, but they are not so easy to write - even though you don't have to follow the principles strictly for International haiku.


This one I have posted below is from a book I borrowed on haikus:



Glass balls and glowing lights.


Dead tree in living room.


Killed to honour birth.



This is a particularly good example, but mine, when I post it won't be nearly as good Blog Followers!



No comments: