The original Miss Jones

Tuesday 22 September 2009

Poetry Today.

Poetry can be fun! People kept telling me that, not that I ever believed them, but I have to say I did laugh in class today. We had all been given the task of writing our own poem this week, and two of us were doing it for the first time, myself being one. Everybody tried, that is the nice thing about this, and everybody had a go. This is much more relaxed than prose writing where everyone is so serious. Maybe this is reflective of our tutor, who is larger than life and is Mr. Personality Plus!


I had to read my poem first which was awful because I had nothing to measure it against, but I did fine in the end. Some of them wrote funny poems, and the feedback comments were hilarious too. Our tutor got us to relax before the readings by making up silly verses as he was passing out some handouts. For example:


There was a worm that did nothing
but wriggle on his belly.
I felt so sorry for him,
I asked him in
to sit and watch the tele



We were all reasonably relaxed before the readings, and eventually all went well. I really enjoyed this session today.

No comments: