The original Miss Jones

Monday 28 September 2009

The Raku Process


The Kiln is carefully loaded.

Another wonderful day in Wrington for the final Raku weekend of the year, only marred by a one and a half hour hold up on the M5 coming home! I have charted the Raku process in photographs below. I took 123 photographs yesterday and only 3 needed deleting during the editing process. That's the best I have done with this camera in the year I have owned it!

Fired up and at a hot temperature with more pots drying off on the top.

Out of the kiln into the sawdust.


This is Bill Moore (above) our lovely tutor. All students had to take it in turn to douse the flame with sawdust, I have some hysterical photos of my two friends trying to do this process! I teamed up with a lady who was on her own and we did well - of course!




The finished product which has been cleaned up - this is not my work.

So, a morning ahead of me cleaning the smoke of my pots. We all got the worse off before we left the craft barn, but they need a lot of attention, and we ran out of time. I will post my own work from yesterday when I have cleaned it up.

No comments: