The original Miss Jones

Friday 3 April 2009

A day in the life of ....me!

Flowers in my living room with greenary from Miss L's garden.

It was overcast and cold when I got up this morning. I was down the surgery by 8am having my bloods taken. B, the phlebotomist, was back from leave. Brilliant! She is quick, can find a vein and the process is painless. Waiting for the nurse last week for one and a half hours was no joke and then she couldn't find a vein, it took her four goes! Ughhhhh.

Home for a cup of tea and breakfast by 8.20am. Then shopping, just locally today, before going home to do the housework!

I had just finished and went to get out a file from my filing cabinet, and BANG, the whole top draw collapsed. My friend J. repaired it six months ago, but it's really gone this time. Off out to get a new one! The guy in the shop put it in the car for me, then when I got home I couldn't shift it. I approached a rather handsome young man, (all tanned and lovely to look at) who was painting the house across the road, if he would help. He did! Mmmm. He was painting the 'powder blue 'house and yes, it's official, it's to stay powder blue. I asked!!!

Then my sister rang to say she is going to be a grandma again! That means I will have another little great niece or nephew. I have 5 grandchildren of my own, 2 God children and 4.3 and a bit 'little greats'. I am getting like 'the Old Woman Who Lived in a Shoe'!

The sun came out this afternoon. Had calls from several friends, re-jigged the new filing cabinet and finished off my homework. A very ordinary day, but somehow very satisfying!

No comments: