The original Miss Jones

Monday 27 April 2009

Creative Writing - new term

The commencement of the new term at UWN was welcomed by us all in the class. It was good to see old faces and some new, just joining for a term.

Children's writing is underway! The ground rules were laid down and homework given out; we will be working much closer with the Library Service this term as the subject matter will also be about picture illustrations as well as the actual writing. I have an idea in my head so I will be putting it on paper next. That is the enjoyable bit!


On 15th May there is a Creative Writing Initiative being presented in the City centre. This is to get other students, ordinary folk off the street and all 'would be' writers to come and join the writing course next year. Our story's will be read out while people sit and listen. I have been asked to put one of my pieces in for reading so I was quite flattered, but drew the line at reading it myself in the city centre. By choice I would rather not be there when it's being read out either! I will graciously accept the feedback!

No comments: