The original Miss Jones

Wednesday 3 March 2010

Bizet's Carmen

It was a lovely night at the opera last night. I went with three friend to see Bizet's Carmen. I have seen this opera several times before and it remains my favourite, but last night's production was the darkest I have seen. The set was dark and drab and the clothes were uninspiring until the very end and then it became the brightly coloured spectacle I remember. each production has to be different I suppose to keep attracting the crowds.



Last nights production was at the Millennium Centre in Cardiff Bay, not my favourite place, I don't see why people rave over 'the Bay'. It's all a matter of preference I suppose. Overall a good evening - to be recommended.
That is my last trip for this opera season ( I went to see Tosca last week). At almost £40 a ticket it's an expensive night out. Also I am saving for my holidays later in the year, I can't do it all sadly!

No comments: