The original Miss Jones

Tuesday 23 March 2010

Medieval/Gothic Writing


Medieval Castle



Leaving college this morning put me in a reflective mood. This term has been by far the one that has passed the most quickly since I started this writing journey. Today was about planning for next term - Gothic or Medieval Crime/Insanity with a dash of passion! We have all been issued with a set of guidelines for characteristics of a Gothic story. I haven't a clue where to start!



I have no doubt that over the coming weeks and months something will pop into my head. It should include an element of some of the following: bad, nasty, evil, controlling, dominating, lustful villain (often the lust is perverse) who has the power, as king, lord of the manor, father or guardian, to demand that the female character do something intolerable. No pressure there then!

No comments: