The original Miss Jones

Tuesday 9 March 2010

Old days, old times .....

The Mavron String Quartet


Another lunchtime concert. I can't believe all this is happening to me!
I was taken to a lunchtime concert in St. David's Hall, Cardiff by an old friend I had met again recently. It was a 'catch up' after not seeing each other for twenty one years (so I am told). The string quartet was called The Mavron Quartet and they were excellent musicians. The first two parts of the concert they played Hayden and Schubert, but the last piece was by Alfred Schnittke. Not a composer I have ever heard of before and neither had my friend. It was heavy going Blog Followers, I can tell you.
We then went to a very nice (if somewhat pricey) restaurant next to the Theatre and most of the lunchtime concert goers were there too, but it all made for a super atmosphere and another lovey afternoon was spent in Cardiff - and the lunch was a treat from my friend for some long forgotten deed I had done for her over twenty years ago! Wasn't that kind?

No comments: