The original Miss Jones

Friday 19 February 2010

Ash Wednesday



It was really lovely on Ash Wednesday being in Hereford Cathedral with my cousin. Traditionally a day of repentance, it signals the first day of Lent which occurs forty-six days before Easter (forty days not counting Sunday). It's a different date each year as it is dependant on the date Easter falls. I have decided to give up all things 'sweet and yummy' this year, saving what I would have spent on these frivolous and unhealthy things, and will pass the money to the Archbishop for Wales Fund.

It was snowing quite heavily in Hereford yesterday when we arrived at the Cathedral and has done so here in Newport today, but fortunately, it was too wet to stick. I am personally glad about that, as I really don't want everything to come to a grinding halt again and all classes, college, theatre trips and so on have to be cancelled, so snow, snow, go away!

No comments: