The original Miss Jones

Thursday 4 February 2010

A Hungarian Holiday.

Debrecen



After much persuasion, I decided to go and visit Miss A when she goes home to Hungary later in the year. The small town where I am going is Hajduszoboszlo, near Debrecen.


I fly to Budepest from Bristol in July and then take a pre booked car to Hajdusobozolo, which is cheaper than the train. Miss A will already be there of course.





One of the many Water Parks in Hajduszoboszlo.


I am told the small town of Hajduszoboszlo is 13 miles South West of Debrecen (pop. 24,260). In 1925, after boring down 3,580 ft, water with a temperature of 73 degrees was discovered, as a result this small town was transformed into a popular Spar resort. Today nearly one and a half million tourists flock to the town to the baths.


Not the kind of holiday I had planned, but it will be a different experience and interesting to see a former communist country.


I hope to go back to Pembrokeshire again with my cousin later in the year, so its good to have things to plan for.

1 comment:

bluechipholidays said...

Wow! Beautiful place. I'm also planning for a vacation and wondering if you know something about holiday cottage uk?