The original Miss Jones

Monday 15 February 2010

A lovely birthday party


My friend reached a milestone in her life today, she became 40 years old! I wish I was 40 again! Anyway, I was invited to her party and was there when all the flowers were arriving, balloons with cards attached, loads of food and plenty to drink, but most of all it was meeting lovely people and the whole day had a really party atmosphere.




A. thought not so long ago that she may not make 40 years, as breast cancer took its toll on her life, but make it she did, and all of us there today were so glad of that.

I made a quiche this morning to take with me, and after I made it I thought, not for the first time, why do I go and buy these sunken, soggy things from the supermarket when for 20 minutes of my time I can make one that looks so much nicer?


So A's fortieth has come and gone as I have been praying that it would. With the strength of character, determination and sheer zest for life she has, I will wager a little bet we will be celebrating 41 years next year. Please God - let it be so.



No comments: