The original Miss Jones

Friday 7 November 2008

A Welsh Hero........


The Welsh television and press are making much of the forthcoming fight between Wales own Joe Calzaghe against American Roy Jones Jr. this coming Saturday night. The fight is to be held in Madison Square Garden and Calzaghe has repeatedly said it will be his last.

I first heard of Calzaghe about 15 years ago when my younger son started to follow Joe's career. 'He has done exceptionally well. Calzaghe has ruled the super middle weight division for 11 years and remains undefeated against Jones to date.' This information is provided buy my son as I am not an avid fight fan.

However this is not why Joe has come to my attention in recent weeks. He has taken the trouble to take valuable time out of his training schedule to support children's charities in the City where I live before flying to the USA. This tells me a lot about the man.

Whatever happens on the weekend Joe, there are children and adults alike that have been impressed by your actions. You may not knock out Roy Jones Jr on Saturday, but you are a knockout with the folk in this City!

No comments: