The original Miss Jones

Wednesday 6 January 2010

The Wetlands in the snow

With a fall over over 4" of snow here in the city I felt that it could not pass by with me recording some of the scenes. It is unusual for us to get any 'real' snow as Newport is coastal. I have only known a heavy fall twice in forty years.

I have a friend staying with me at the moment so we decided to go down the Wetlands. The cafeteria & shop were closed to the public due to the inclement weather, so we were the only two people there, in this vast space of sheer beauty covered in snow.

The picture above is my favorite, I might even convert this one and the one of the Robin (of which I have many - it was as if he as posing for me) also above, to Christmas cards for 2010.



It was a refreshing walk and we managed a good few miles even though the snow was fairly deep in parts. Hands and faces tingling when we got back to the car - what a lovely start to a New Year!

No comments: