The original Miss Jones

Sunday 17 January 2010

All aboard!

'Myrtle' - Shoreham - on - Sea, Nr. Brighton


It is with some sadness that I blog this post. My friend J. has finally left Wales and is settling nicely in Brighton. You Blog followers that have met J. have emailed me and asked me if I have a photo of her boat 'Myrtle' - well here it is! It is moored in Shoreham-on-Sea in the midst of a small house-boat community with an eclectic mix of people. J. will fit in well there are this is an 'arty' district and my friend is a very accomplished person.


I hope that she will find peace and be happy. As for me, I shall miss our nights out, the giggles, the trying to compose Hiku's over candle light, trying to teach her to jive and the long companionable silences, but life moves on. It will be a different relationship now, but our journey together is one we will both remember for lots of different reasons, and who knows what the future will hold?

No comments: