The original Miss Jones

Tuesday 6 October 2009

A spare morning ......

Having been informed that our tutor for creative writing class is unwell and unable to take the class today, I had a morning free. I went to check out the new Asda Stores that had opened in the city. What is it with these shops? Once inside, you could be in any of their stores. I realise that they are going to carry the same lines, but the same layout, the same design, the same everything except it's location! I realise the advantages for Asda, same plans, same shop fitting designs etc. but I wonder how many people get fed up of all this?


The new B&Q in the city is exactly the same as the one in Sutton in Surrey and the one in Cambridge, except for a few hundred miles up the M4, you could be in the same shops.


It's the same with clothes shops. All this for me takes away the thrill of going out shopping for the day as we used to twenty years ago. These days we may as well save the fuel and pop around the corner!


Well I am off out to lunch in a very nice hotel, and that's not 'samey'! I had better go and get ready. Hallelujah for individuality!

No comments: