The original Miss Jones

Thursday 29 October 2009

The Big Read

Hello Blog followers. Did you think I had deserted you? It's this dam poetry that I am doing, I am really not very good at it, and the main thing is my lack of interest in the subject. No matter how hard I try, much help I get, I can't quite bring it off! I need all the support anyone can give me, and many thanks to those of you that are helping me through. No working for high marks this term, just a pass will do!


I went to a day organised by the college yesterday, called 'The Big Read'. It was an excellent day. Multi talented poet and short-story writer Phil Carradice was reading and discussing his work. What an orator. He was wonderful, I could have listened to him all day, but I had to move on to the next session called 'Between the Black and the Green' which was a talk given by Professor Dai Smith on notable Welsh authors whose works have been republished in the acclaimed Library of Wales editions. There were some mediocre sessions in between before the last session for me which was Professor Bernard Knight, the master Medieval crime writer. My friend A. from pottery joined me and the college group for this last session as I was taking her to Cardiff for some scan results immediately afterwards.


It was a good day, well worth the contribution of £8 including a buffet lunch. If any one reading this who is of a literary leaning, sees something like this advertised it's well worth the effort to attend.

No comments: